Google recently announced that it will begin pilot support for BIMI, the protocol that allows companies to declare an image to display in the inbox alongside the company’s verified emails. Google had previously joined the BIMI Working Group to help define the BIMI standard.
What does this mean?
With Google piloting BIMI logo display in their inboxes, it should not take long for them to fully adopt BIMI in the inbox. When Google fully implements BIMI in their inboxes, anyone who has adopted BIMI as part of their email delivery will suddenly have their logo displayed in the largest inbox provider in the world.
When is this rolling out?
Google is currently piloting BIMI logos that have been certified by two Mark Verifying Authorities, Entrust Datacard and DigiCert. The exact duration of the pilot and the adoption of new MVA’s is to be determined.
What can you do?
To take advantage of the pilot you must adopt BIMI. Adopting BIMI requires a few additional steps:
- Setup SPF, DKIM and DMARC.
- Manage your DMARC compliance for legitimate senders. MxToolbox Delivery Center helps businesses like yours adopt DMARC to improve email deliverability.
- Gradually move to 100% reject DMARC policy.
- Create a BIMI logo and get it certified with an MVA.
- Configure your BIMI record.
- See your logo in the inbox!
MxToolbox is here to help!
Delivery Center provides best-in-class insight into your email deliverability, email configuration and email senders, including BIMI.
Managed Services gives you access to our team of email delivery experts to minimize your timeline to maximum email deliverability and simplify your adoption of important email delivery standards.