Many administrators don’t realize that Outlook by default has its own filtering in place. This filtering is very basic and it doesn’t usually cause any issues with your existing mail server security or 3rd party filtering. If you have exhausted your efforts in troubleshooting missing mail or false positives you may disable this filtering to see if that helps. To disable Outlook Filtering, follow these steps:
- Open Outlook
- Click Actions > Junk E-mail >Junk E-mail Options
- Select No automatic filtering;
- Press OK.
This is very exciting news!
What happened to an inbound or outbound message? Was a message sent to my domain and marked as spam? Which users sent or received a specific message? Starting today, domain admins can get answers to these and other such questions using Gmail log search. This feature is now available in the administrator control panel.
See Finding messages with email log search for steps on using the email log tool located within the Reports tab. See Viewing message details for a description of the output. Finally, see Interpreting message details for recommendations on using log search results to investigate delivery issues.
When using email log search, keep in mind these limitations and conditions:
- Only super administrators have access to email log search.
- Resellers do not have access to the email log search feature for a resold domain when accessing its control panel via the reseller console.
- Messages may take up to an hour after being sent or received to appear in the email log search database.
- Only messages from the past 30 days can be retrieved via search.
- The maximum date range for queries is a seven-day period.
- Log times are shown in the administrator’s own time zone.
- Mail sent to a Google Group or other mailing list doesn’t appear unless a Google Apps user is a member of that group and a recipient of the message.
- Focused queries are faster and recommended. For instance, a specific message ID query may take a few seconds to return results while more generic queries without a message ID may take dozens of seconds to complete.
- Search values must be complete. No partial matches or wild cards are supported.
- Although the subject is shown in search results, messages cannot be queried by subject.
- Only one sender or recipient can be entered in a query. Multiple entries are not supported.
For more information: