We have been alerted that multiple zero hour viruses are passing through the Postini filters. Postini has issued an alert that they are updating the Virus filtering to address the latest variant of this attack. However, while Postini continues to make changes to their filtering to adapt to this new threat we are recommending to our customers that they can temporarily block .zip attachments. Please note that this would block ALL messages that have a .zip attachment and would place the message in the users Postini Quarantine.
To enable this filter, follow these steps:
- Access the User Level of your Organization
- Select Attachment Manager under Inbound Services
- Select Edit and turn the Filter ON and we would recommend checking the box for ‘Allow all email from Approved Senders’ as well.
- If you have more than one sub-org we would recommend checking the box for ‘Apply these settings and filters settings to existing sub-orgs’.
- After enabling the filter you need to configure it to quarantine .zip attachments.
- Select Filters and under Custom File Types add .zip next to User Quarantine
- Click Save and the filter is applied. Now any message with a .zip attachment will be placed in the user’s Quarantine.
If you would like to stay updated on this issue we would recommend checking the Current Issues page for Postini Services at http://www.google.com/support/appsecurity/bin/static.py?page=known_issues.cs .
Pingback: Tweets that mention Zero Hour Viruses Plaguing Postini Users « MxToolBox Blog -- Topsy.com